EPIC is the Environmental Preservation Initiative for our Communities.
The Treasure Island & Madeira Beach Chamber of Commerce has founded EPIC to develop a comprehensive set of voluntary programs to engage businesses and citizens in maintaining our clean air, clean water, and clean beaches. Beginning with bars and restaurants, EPIC will seek to reduce the impact our economy has on the coastal environment while respecting the finances and autonomy of our local businesses.
The complete EPIC Program may be downloaded here.
- Lead an environmental initiative unique to your business via the EPIC criteria
- Attract eco-aware customers by having your business featured on the Chamber’s online list of ocean-friendly businesses
- Receive national recognition from The Surfrider Foundation as an Ocean Friendly Business
- Express your business’s dedication to the coastal environment through complimentary storefront signage
- Market your business at organized EPIC events
- Receive staff training from EPIC to help adopt new policies and procedures
- Enjoy the expanded customer base our cleaner beaches will attract
- Take pride in securing the beauty of our communities and protecting the surrounding environment
How to Apply
- Download a copy of the EPIC criteria (or visit the Chamber for a physical copy)
- Complete the necessary criteria and choose the options you wish to fulfill
- Contact the Chamber of Commerce to schedule your assessment
- Become recognized by EPIC and Surfrider as an ocean-friendly business
- Schedule a reassessment once per year to maintain EPIC recognition
Participation in EPIC is always completely free of charge for our chamber members.